cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Login to Web interface

Unable to Login to Web interface

avteam
Explorer | Level 3

On trying to login to web interface, https: //www.dropbox.com/login , on clicking sign in (having entered id and right or wrong password) I just get thrown back to the sign in page - this happens on Firefox, Edge and (newly installed) Chromium browsers, all on the same Windows machine. Other Windows PCs no issue. Sometimes I see a box pop up in the process saying 'Forbidden'; I have also seen reference to a 401 error and 'invalid csrf token'; and 'Error: Incorrect contents fetched, please reload'

I have removed (uninstalled) the dropbox app; and cleared cookies and site data, without it making any difference.

14 Replies 14

Re: Unable to Login to Web interface

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @avteam, thanks for joining the Community and sorry to hear about this.

Have you checked if this is caused by any antivirus or firewall perhaps?

If you did and this persists, please send me a screenshot of the last screen you can get to.

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

avteam
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks. There's no sign of any firewall or antivirus (I use Bitdefender Free) issue (no log seen) (I've added dropbox.com as an exclusion, without joy). I've actually found and installed another browser (Vivaldi), which doesn't have the same problem 

On trying to login I go to https://www.dropbox.com/login 

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 17-37-32 Login - Dropbox .png

and having entered id and password I get flung back there, or to https://www.dropbox.com/?landing=dbv2 Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 17-40-24 Dropbox.png

Note - I have the same issue on trying to access the community

Avteam/Jeremy

Walter
Dropboxer
In that case, could it be that there's a specific browser plugin or extension that's causing this, Jeremy?

Can you try clearing your browser's cache or an incognito window to see if it makes any difference? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

adelie
New member | Level 2

I am experiencing similar issues with dropbox.com. Specifically, while I can successfully login to Dropbox.com, when I attempt to navigate to the Admin Console page, I enter (what appears to be) a redirect loop. I have tried this on macOS 11.5.1, Windows 10 21H1, using Brave, Safari, Edge, and Firefox. Also, I have tried this while tethering Wi-Fi from a smart-phone (to bypass any local firewall rules). Also, I have attempted this on a host (VM) that does not have any anti-virus software installed, and without any browser extensions installed.  I have cleared browser cache, DNS cache (flushed DNS), rebooted; and I have tried private/incognito mode as well. In all cases, the result is the same: the Admin Console page does not load.

I saw this on Twitter; but the proposed solution (disable anti-virus) does not apply to the scenario I have encountered:

https://twitter.com/ChopperC110P/status/1420208479252500480

Please help!

fanofmets12
New member | Level 2

I had been having issues also login into the web interface for the last week. I tried multiple computers, disabling all plugins on Firefox and Google Chrome, and Edge. I tried this at work and at home and with multiple Dropbox accounts. 

Finally after seeing the advice about antivirus on here. I turned off my Bitdefender free protection and it worked after that. 

Some update recently with Bitdefender is blocking the login to dropbox. 

Once I'm login Bitdefender can be turned back on. 

avteam
Explorer | Level 3

@Walter - I've tried both (clearing browser cache and private window) without joy.

Problem does seem to be related to Bitdefender Free, that I use. 

Something I've noticed is that it appears that if I am logged in, I can do things without problem - until I log out. It is only trying to login that I cannot get beyond the login screen.

avteam
Explorer | Level 3

Further update:

I've added "dropbox.com" to the Bitdefender Free exclusion list: doesn't resolve the matter.

Something I saw suggested that the 401 error and 'invalid csrf token' were indicative of a security certificate mismatch issue?

avteam
Explorer | Level 3

And looking on Bitdefender community support, I found https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/88545/bitdefender-free-blocks-login-sites-err-empty-... 

Would appear not to be just an issue for Dropbox...

avteam
Explorer | Level 3

Support Ticket 1006644886 raised with Bitdefender and info supplied... awaiting their response

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

avteam Explorer | Level 3
    J2411 New member | Level 2
    JoedNJ New member | Level 2
    adelie New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?