cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to access dl.dropboxusercontent.com in South Korea

Explorer | Level 4

I have been using Dropbox for more than 2 years.

recently (since yesterday) I have been received comment from our clients who we shared link to deliver photos that they cannot download or preview photos.

the error message is " there was an error downloading your file"

file is not oversized, it is less than 2GB

until now I didn't have any problem using Dropbox but now I have this problem and it is very very very urgently needed to fix.

please help as soon as possible.

I have been checking, the link is working well in Europe but it has a problem only who connect from South Korea.

Since our clients are all from South Korea, this download error is giving us a lot of trouble.

the people who were trying to download from those links were using Windows and Mac OS (trying with different internet browsers). All access didn't work with downloading or previewing.Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 12.05.19.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: files can't be previewed (error message showing)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi all,

We're still investigating the root cause of this issue. While we work on identifying the source of the problem, one workaround that has been reported to resolve this issue is to update your DNS settings to use a different public DNS server. 

Whilst we can't give any specific recommendations on what public DNS server should be used, you can find a list of public DNS servers by performing a web search. 

Apologies again for all the frustration caused by this issue, more information to follow once we know more. 

Frank

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: files can't be previewed (error message showing)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi all,

We've investigated and confirmed that this issue is due to multiple Korean ISP returning an incorrect IP address when people try to access dl.dropboxusercontent.com, leading to the download failures on the Dropbox website. Here is a public tool that can be used to see the results:

https://www.gdnspc.com/dns-propagation-checker/kr.html#A&dl.dropboxusercontent.com

Any ISP that is giving a response of 127.0.0.1 in this tool will be unable to reach dl.dropboxusercontent.com correctly. We have contacted Korean internet service providers to inform them of the problem, as the problem lies with how they are routing requests.

Unfortunately there is nothing more we can do to fix the issue on our side - Korean users still experiencing connection issues to dl.dropboxusercontent.com will need to contact their ISP to resolve.

Frank

View solution in original post

45 Replies 45
Highlighted

Can't access to dl.dropboxusercontent.com

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm using Dropbox Plus and used direct link for a long time.

But since today I can't download from links that I used until yesterday.

Not only mine but every direct link from others.

ex) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23421017/50YearsDataScience.pdf

Is this a temporary server problem? or is there some policy changed?

Waiting for an answer.

Highlighted

Re: Can't access to dl.dropboxusercontent.com

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @yangsalt - how are you today?

Kindly note that shared links will break if the file has been deleted from its Dropbox folder. Please check to see that the file is still located in your Dropbox folder. You can look at your deleted files on the following page:  https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files

Please also be aware that there is a 20GB daily limit on link traffic for Basic accounts, and a 200GB daily limit for paid accounts. Exceeding this limit will disable your shared links.

I hope this information helps clear this up and please let me know if you have any questions. 

PS: If you'd like more account specific assistance you can also log a ticket with our team so we can have a look into this with all of our tools available. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: error with downloading from shared links

Super User II
Super User II

If its only failing in South Korea then at a guess something on their internet is blocking the files. There isnt anything anybody here can do about that I'm afraid. 

Get them to download the file and open it instead to see it.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

but do you never see this error before??

what is the problem when this error message appears??

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I'm from South Korea. 

It seems the domain "dropboxusercontent.com" is blocked for some reason.

Currently I can't even access my own files (I have to download to open them).

This needs to be fixed as soon as possible because otherwise I can no longer use Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

T_T thank you for reply... hope it is fixed soon..

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

It happens to me, too. and I'm in south korea. Recently, it has been frequently occured error on downloading and previewing.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
i ask support group, tmrw is monday so i will get some answer (hopefully)..
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

If the domain is blocked by South Korea then I'm not sure Dropbox can help. 

You need to be asking whoever censors your internet to unblock it.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?