cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to access the site

Unable to access the site

NickRim
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone!
When clicking on the link to the installation, he writes "Unable to access the site, Website www.dropbox.com does not allow you to establish a connection."
It turns out to download the file only when using a VPN, but the Internet speed drops because of this. I would like to know how to fix this.
I live in Russia, Moscow, maybe it matters.

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @NickRim, thanks for posting in our Community!

Do you perhaps have an antivirus, firewall or any kind of security program that might be blocking Dropbox?

If so, can you whitelist Dropbox on it, or temporarily disable it, to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

NickRim
New member | Level 2

Hello!
I have disabled Windows SmartScreen, Windows Defender, User Account Control (UAC) and Windows Firewall. There are no other antiviruses. I just have nowhere to add dropbox to the whitelist.

Rich
Super User II

@NickRim wrote:

There are no other antiviruses. I just have nowhere to add dropbox to the whitelist.

What about on your router? They sometimes have their own block lists.

NickRim
New member | Level 2

I also thought about this, since when using the mobile Internet, the site opens

Need more support?