Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to link apps to Dropbox

Explorer | Level 4

My Apple devices running iOS versions lower than IOS 9 will no longer permit other apps such as Docs To Go to link to Dropbox.

I had several apps linked to Dropbox before but now they will no longer link in or synch files

Error messages vary depending on the app but usually say unable to authorise or unable to connect to Dropbox/server

Unlinking and relinking such apps worked for IOS 9 but not for IOS 8 or earlier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unable to link apps to Dropbox

Super User II
Super User II
Its more to do with how the apps themselves were set up and which version of the software (API) the developer used. The new API is almost 2 years old now, so any software which isnt working hasnt had any updates within that timeframe.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Dropbox recently depreciated some API that was used in older apps to connect to the systems. This is a process that has been on going for many years.

Unfortunately unless you can upgrade those apps you wont be able to connect anymore.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks Mark
This is what I suspected but very surprised that apps/devices running on IOS 8 are now regarded as older!
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Its more to do with how the apps themselves were set up and which version of the software (API) the developer used. The new API is almost 2 years old now, so any software which isnt working hasnt had any updates within that timeframe.

- - -

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Sorry for the bump, but I think I have a similar problem.

My Dropbox folder has a number of MP3 files. Using an app, I access Dropbox from within the app and download the MP3's onto my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.3). This worked until about 15 days ago (end of September 2017/beginning of October 2017). Now I just get an error message that says the server isn't responding. It's a major inconvenience for me and as a result I had to find a workaround, meaning I have to do more work now to get the MP3s onto my iPhone.

I also tried another app with the same capabilities, but it to didn't work.

Would anyone care to evaluate? If anyone's wondering, the app is called MusicWithMe and is available on the AppStore.
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am having the same Error 500 issue and my DB is not working , I have tried 3 browsers, anyone knows that is going on??

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Dropbox has been having service impacting issues today.

All, however, have now been resolved: https://twitter.com/DropboxSupport/status/919191619445784579

Just to try and keep things tidy (and so in future others dont use this thread) I'm going to close it. If you need any more help in the future please do start a new one though!

- - -

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?