Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Famous New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I also have problem with loging in with my phone via mobile application. Android 4.4.2.

I tried another wifi/data and nothing works. It's been long time since I first experienced it and still no fix. What should we do with this?

Re: Unable to login dropbox account even with valid account and the correct password

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Famous, thanks for nudging us here and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. 

I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile to have a better look into this for you. Please check your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

WeTiek1
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Famous,

I started this item a long time ago. From the helpdesk of Dropbox didn't came a solution. So I deleted my dropbox account and started a new one. Before I saved the data on my PC and put it after in the new Box.

Since that I did it, there was no problem anymore. I hope it will be permanent. 

With kind regards, We Tiek.

Re: Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

Dave73 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have just downloaded DB for my Macbook and Android. They are both new installations and the Android is having problems connecting using my gmail account. Could the problems be linked to signing in using Google accounts rather than the products themselves being faulty or unable to sync.

As far as I am aware I’m not connected to DB other than maybe at my desktop workstation at work. I probably signed in to my works account using Google account to save the bother of creating new passwords etc. (making connecting easier, isnt always for the best!)

I’ll have to wait until I can access at work before making any further conclusions.

Is anybody willing to help today? Is there a workaround? I’d love to be able to sort this ASAP.

Thanks in advance. I know you’re an amazing bunch!

Re: Signing in to dropbox on a samsung galaxy s5

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Dave73, thanks for reaching out to us about this - I'd be more than happy to help!

As a first step, could you share with me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message you're seeing when you try to sign in? 

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?