cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Dropbox files in Word

Unable to open Dropbox files in Word

GDuncan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I attempt to open a word document from the Dropbox App on iPad I receive an error message saying “Cannot Find File. The location changed since you last opened the file. “ (see below)

Secondly, I am now unable to save a new word document to the Dropbox. I receive an error message saying “Cannot connect to server. The server may be unavailable. Check your internet connection and try again.” (See below)

This is a new issue and in the past I have had no problems accessing Dropbox from Word or opening Word documents from Dropbox. 

I have verified that Dropbox has been added as a service in Microsoft word and all office apps automatically allow access to third party storage. The internet connection has been checked and works perfectly. 

I am able to open documents from OneDrive in word and save new word documents to OneDrive without a problem. On this basis I don’t think there is anything wrong with the Word App. 

Can anyone help?86D3E663-CEF7-4009-A3AC-280B8F0BF6D2.png

301C14D6-3894-4E94-B3B5-A8D609115FD2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'm hazarding a guess its a Word issue because it is Microsoft that creates the software which links the two services together.

Maybe try again in a few hours and if it still causes issues have a look on the Microsoft forums?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jvalenci
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi

My Dropbox files won’t load on my ipad’s Microsoft Word app and a notification come up saying something about the server and internet connection. I have the Dropbox app on my iPad and that syncs my file fine with my computer and I can view all files, however I can’t open them in Microsoft Word on my iPad. I managed to open them in Read-only but as soon as I tried to edit, it said the same thing about the server and internet connection.

This never used to be an issue so not sure what has changed and why it no longer lets me use the files.

Jennifer

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'm hazarding a guess its a Word issue because it is Microsoft that creates the software which links the two services together.

Maybe try again in a few hours and if it still causes issues have a look on the Microsoft forums?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Jvalenci Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?