cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to share files from Dropbox using Yahoo mail

Unable to share files from Dropbox using Yahoo mail

Mani28
Explorer | Level 3

Recently I synced yahoo mail with dropbox after giving all necessary permissions. When I try to attach files using "share files from dropbox" option, the pop up box shows only few folders from my dropbox. Majority of folders and files are not shown for attachment to the email. I do not understand the reason. Kindly give suggestions to covercome this issue

7 Replies 7

Re: Unable to share files from dropbox using yahoo mail

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Mani28, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Just to make sure I have a better visual understanding of what you're seeing, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the pop up that you get?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mani28
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to attach file to yahoo mail through "share files from dropbox" option. Please refer to Photo 1

Later the dropbox pop up shows my dropbox folders. Please refer to Photo 2. The problem is this pop up does not show all my folders and files. Only limited folders are available from my dropbox. Many of my files and folders and missing for attachment. I do not have any shared folders.Photo 1Photo 1Photo 2.jpg

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot, @Mani28!

Out of curiosity, are the folders you're unable to find in the pop up available on the Dropbox website and visible in your desktop app/Dropbox folder? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mani28
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Yes, the folders and files that are not available in the pop up are available in my Dropbox cloud storage, dropbox app folders in desktop and mobile. It is just that not avaialbe for attachment via yahoo email.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Could you try the suggestion offerred here by another user to see if that does the trick? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Mani28
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for your suggestion and link. I really appreciate it. I shall try the solution to see if it works

Lusil
Dropboxer

No worries, @Mani28:grin:

Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?