cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign into site, and not getting password reset email

Unable to sign into site, and not getting password reset email

gypsiecowboy
Explorer | Level 3

when I tried the reset password option I got an email from dropbox that wasn't at all related to passwords.  I cannot even find a page to sign in.  I had a lot of videos and docs saved.  cannot find any of them on my hard drive either.  and yet I just had a $99 fee charged by dropbox on my credit card...

none of the names of any of the boards seem to fit my situation... this has nothing at all to do with installation as far as I know.  tho if I could get back all the files I had sent to dropbox I would put them on an external hard drive and ask for a refund of all the moneis I have spent including the recent $99...

in 45 years of computing this is the worst experience I have ever had!

7 Replies 7

Re: I cannot sign in.

Rich
Super User II

If you have a charge from Dropbox when you likely have a Plus account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account that you're being billed for. Use that email address in the password reset option.

If that doesn't work, you should contact Support for assistance.

gypsiecowboy
Explorer | Level 3

thanks for trying Rich.  I can not find the statement from the credit card bank.  I know which card it was and that it was either in June or July, while I was camping in a wilderness.  I only own 3 email addresses.  and just before I posted to the forum I received a response to one of them when I tried to reset my password... only the response had nothing about passwords... just a notification that someone had tried to log in from the "wrong" browser.  I responded that yes it was me - but I was still unable to reset my password or sign in... I cannot even find HOW to sign in now... I guess drop box went through a lot of changes in the 5 months or so since I used it.  I quit using it because I COULDN'T use it... and btw, I lost ALL my documents back then trying to follow directions from a lady who was of dropbox support. 

so I tried to contact dropbox support last night and this morning - with no success.  the system won't allow me to do so!

but obviously, since I got this response (see below) to my attempt to change passwords... the email address is most likely correct.  which is interesting because I NEVER USED ANY OTHER BROWSER with this email address!!!  ever!!!  and the response I got from dropbox says that someone had signed in but that did not happen.  I do not know HOW to sign in any more... I cannot find a sign in page!!! 

Hi gypsie,

A new web browser just signed in to your Dropbox account. To help keep your account secure, let us know if this is you.

gypsiecowboy
Explorer | Level 3

oh and supposedly I earned bonus awards or some such ribbons for the first time I asked a question of the forum and the first time I replied to something on the forum but that is total hogwash.  I have been on the forum a lot, back months ago when trying to figure out why the upgrade didn't allow me to save any additional stuff in the dropbox... or why I was "syncing" in the first place or what it even means to sync...

I don't understand anything about how drop box works but I want my money back and I want everything I tried to save there to clear space on my hard drive to come back to me first!

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, have you tried the login page here? What message do you get when attempting to sign in?

Did you make the purchase from the Dropbox site directly, or was it via an in-app purchase from iTunes or Google Play? If so, you might have signed in on your mobile device under a different email.

You can find the email from here:

• On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Account". 
  • On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on "Settings".

Keep us posted with any updates!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gypsiecowboy
Explorer | Level 3

thank you Jay.  but I cannot tell u what happens when I try to sign in because I cannot figure out HOW or WHERE to try to sign in!  the page to which u sent me has 2 links - one to geet started with paper (whatever that is) and one to get started with dropbox.  but the get started with dropbox does not tell me how to look at my files.  tells me how to SHARE files and supposedly how to upload files but not how to look at files in the first place.  it has a link for how to restore deleted files but says only that I don't have any deleted files.  which must mean that the link u provided automatically took me in (signed me in) but there is no sign of anything I saved, not pics, not videos, not documents. 

oh.  and I signed up directly with dropbox in the first place.  now that I am in the reply part I can no longer see ur message and cannot remember the rest of what u wrote in order to respond to it.

Jay
Dropboxer
Okay, I’m a little confused here.

When you visit that page, assuming you’re not logged in, you’re going to see this page:

image1.png

Otherwise, you’ll see this page:

image2.png

Could you try navigating directly to the files page using this link, and let me know if you can see your files?

If not, send a screenshot so we know what you’re seeing.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gypsiecowboy
Explorer | Level 3

this, but once there I can do nothing and go nowhere else. 

oh, but I cannot paste the screenshot into this forum.  anyway, I get to the 2nd one below.  but that doesn't help me at all.

and I am getting tired of various folks running the same answers and questions by me.

I want to talk to support but I don't want to do it like this any more.  I want some simple direct one on one email or telephone conversation...  because the stuff said to me each time is either irrelevent or totally incorrect... and I am beyond disgusted with dropbox.

I want my $99 back but y'all keep saying that I've never been charged.  that is not what My credit card statement tells Me.  And I want to retrieve all the "lost" documents I spent years doing all that research.  and I want to retrieve the videos that are there just for fun...

I will buy an external hard drive.  this cloud stuff sux!!!!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gypsiecowboy Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?