cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update/download iOS app

Unable to update/download iOS app

Abby J.
New member | Level 1

Few weeks ago I tried downloading an update from the App Store, which failed (i.e progress just froze) about halfway thru. No matter how many times I tried to start over it could never progress past that same point.

i tried uninstalling the app, but now every time I go to the App Store page to try and reinstall it looks as if it's still trying to download (stop icon) but tapping it does nothing. 

So so now in stuck in this weird limbo where the App Store thinks I already have a version partially installed, but my phone can't find it anywhere. App doesn't even exist In Settings.  Please halpppp!!!

7 Replies 7

Re: Unable to update/download iOS app

Lawrence B.4
New member | Level 1

I am having the same problem.  The app won't load and I can't delete it.  Why isn't there anywhere I can contact support directly? I didn't pay for Dropbox Pro to have this not work.

Rich
Super User II

Why isn't there anywhere I can contact support directly?

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Jay L.17
New member | Level 1

I have this exact same problem.

1)  accidental un-install

2)  Went to Apple App Store.  Went to Dropbox.  Download.  Won't download.

3)  I did it with Wifi.  I did it with Cellular.  I did it with great signal.  I did it via website.

4)  I CANNOT download the Dropbox APP!!!!!!

a)  I have unlimited cellular coverage

b)  I have official paid account from Dropbox

c)  It's been 3 weeks.  I'm patient and I dont' care but this makes me really irksome.

PLEASE HELP

Rich
Super User II

Does your device meet the minimum requirements for Dropbox? If not, then it won't install, even if you had it installed previously.

A while ago I decided to backup and rebuild my 1st gen iPad. Dropbox was running just fine on it, but it was a previous version of the app (the highest that was able to run on it). After reinstalling iOS I tried to reinstall Dropbox, but the version in the App Store had newer minimum requirements and it wouldn't install. Trying to restore the app from iTunes (which upgraded it automatically) resulted in the same problem. Dropbox (or Apple?) does not make previous versions of the Dropbox app available, so there was no way to resolve the issue.

Tsugi
Explorer | Level 3

I get the same thing - won't update, or at least it says the update has failed. I suspect that with a2 month old iPad Pro, the app has not superseded my device. Given the ubiquity of the issue, I'd say no - it's not a minimum requirements issue; it's a Dropbox coding issue. Expect a replacement update soon, if enough folk let them know. 

Mark
Super User II
Which will only happen if you log a ticket as Rich has said....

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tsugi
Explorer | Level 3

Indeed.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tsugi Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
    Jay L.17 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?