cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Dropbox Password on Mac

Uninstall Dropbox Password on Mac

wynnwood
New member | Level 2

How do I uninstall password while keeping my dropbox account?

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey there, @wynnwood, welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

You should be able to uninstall the Dropbox Passwords app, the same way you would any other app on your end. 

First, locate the app in the Finder. Then, drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.

That should do the trick. Let me know of any updates.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rigas
Explorer | Level 4

Unfortunately, the dropbox application seems to be open and the Finder does not see the application is not in use. So when you try to delete the stand-alone application "Dropbox Passwords", it simply indicates that the application is open and cannot be put in the trash bin.

Do you have any procedure that we could use ?

Rigas

Paul N.13
Explorer | Level 3

If you hca clean my mac, that program will find and uninstall dropbox.  You should always uninstall programs, not just delete them because of all the ancillary files they create. 

rigas
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Paul.

But, to my knowledge, there is no uninstall part to the Dropbox Passwords stand-alone application for MacOS.

I found a solution:

When the app is still processing in the background, then one should use open the Activity Monitor in the Utilities (in the Finder). Then type the name of the app (in our case Dropbox Passwords), select the app; and click on the X in the upper left corner of the window, and quit the Activity Monitor. Then one can delete the app insisde the finder.

All the best

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rigas Explorer | Level 4
    Paul N.13 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?