cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Dropbox from Mac - posted solutions not working

Uninstall Dropbox from Mac - posted solutions not working

storiapix
New member | Level 2

Hello -- I have followed instructions on your posted solutions for uninstalling Dropbox from my Mac laptop (Mojave 10.14.6) to no avail. At the Finder (not Launchpad), I have tried dragging the application to the trash, but it says it is open. However, when I go to Force Quit, nothing is shown as open except Finder. What to do? I would love to delete this, because I don't wish to use it, and quite often it pops up unexpectedly, demanding my computer password in order to work properly. No thank you to that! Cheers and thanks to the community for assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Uninstall Dropbox from Mac - posted solutions not working

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @storiapix,

If you open up your Activity Monitor, can you see any Dropbox related processes running on your computer at all? If so, please quit all of these processes and try uninstalling Dropbox again.

Otherwise, can you try the additional steps listed under the "Mac" section in this article here to see if they help with the issue you're having.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @storiapix,

If you open up your Activity Monitor, can you see any Dropbox related processes running on your computer at all? If so, please quit all of these processes and try uninstalling Dropbox again.

Otherwise, can you try the additional steps listed under the "Mac" section in this article here to see if they help with the issue you're having.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

storiapix
New member | Level 2

Amazing fix, thank you!! Activity Monitor was the secret -- I do love Mac experts! Thanks again for the help!!

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that this solved your issue @storiapix!

If you have any other issues with this then I'd be happy to help, just give me a nudge here. :grin:

Hope you have a great start to the week - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?