cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling an old Dropbox app off my laptop to download the new account app.

Uninstalling an old Dropbox app off my laptop to download the new account app.

Mandy70
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I had Dropbox on my laptop with my old company which has now been deleted and now I have a new account and I can't install that app as the old one is still on my laptop. I have tried to Uninstall via my Control Panel as well as program files as suggested however it still shows an uninstall failed message. Now I am unable to Sync my new Dropbox account on my Laptop. Please help. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Uninstalling an old Dropbox app off my laptop to download the new account app.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Mandy70, thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with uninstalling the desktop application.

Since you already tried from your Control Panel, you can also try opening your "Task Manager" by right-clicking the taskbar and clicking "Start Task Manager".

Then click on the "Processes" tab to see if there are any other processes associated with Dropbox.

You may need to click "Show processes from all users" to check all processes.

Once you are viewing these processes, if you see any items that refer to Dropbox, please try this for each applicable process:
  • Click on the line that references the process to select it
  • Click on "End Process"
After these steps, you should be able to uninstall the desktop application. 

Let me know how this goes for you!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?