cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlink Personal Account

Unlink Personal Account

jenniedsell
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have inadvertently created a personal Dropbox account and I need to unlink it from my business account so my business account will sync properly. I am on a Mac and am using the Dropbox desktop app. When I click Preferences, I only see the personal account's email address and not my business email and there isn't a button to choose between the two accounts like there used to be.

Thanks in advance.

Jenni

1 Reply 1

Re: Unlink Personal Account

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @jenniedsell - how are you today?

As you're not seeing your business account's email address there, is it possible that they're no longer connected?

Just to make sure we're on the same page, please make sure you're following these steps Jenni:

1) Log in to https://www.dropbox.com.
2) Click on your name in the top right corner.
3) Click Settings.

Under "Connected Dropboxes" you will see an option to disconnect your personal and work Dropboxes.

If you disconnect your paired accounts then the account that was linked to your devices second will be unlinked from those devices.

If that happened and that's why you're not seeing your business account on your desktop application, you should unlink the personal account and then link your business one anew. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?