cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlinking Dropbox account without signing into Dropbox account

Unlinking Dropbox account without signing into Dropbox account

Denni8900ED
Explorer | Level 3

I need help to unlink my computer from a business company's dropbox account. I dont have the email address and password to log in and unlink my computer myself. I have tried emailing my old job who uses the drobox account to unlink but I had no luck. The number of files in this drop box account is extremely high, taking up 77GB of my personal storage space on my computer. I know it probably sounds stupid but is there any possible way to unlink their dropbox without deleting their files that I keep getting???

2 Replies 2

I do not see my device (computer) to unlink from a dropbox account under settings

Denni8900ED
Explorer | Level 3

I am now able to log into the dropbox account from my old previous job but under settings to view devices that are linked I dont see my computer. My computet is a macbook it does not appear, only Windows computers. This is so strange, how on earth is my computer still able to upload recent files of theirs??? I have no other contact with my old job.

Re: Unlinking dropbox account without signing into drop box account

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @Denni8900ED, thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Could you check that the files you're seeing being synced are being uploaded to the same account you signed in on the website? 

You can do this by going to your:

• Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Desktop app - Dropbox icon > avatar icon > Preferences > Account tab.

Give us a nudge with any updates, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?