cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Android tablet and problems with dropbox download

Updated Android tablet and problems with dropbox download

Robin W.9
New member | Level 1

Hi.  I downloaded the latest system update on my android (Hudl 2) and decided to start afresh.  Re-installed dropbox, but upon clicking the drobox icon all I can see is a bus, a plane and a train animated drawings on the dropbox page.  There is no instruction or any text what-so-ever.  There is a thick blue bar to the right of the animations and my cursor flashing just above.  When I type nothing appears.

Please help if you can.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Updated Android tablet and problems with dropbox download

Daniel T.39
Helpful | Level 6

Zandloper a écrit :
Thanks to Daniel for formulating exactly the same facts as mine: I have the same version of Android, the same Samsung Tab S2, installed the same version of Dropbox - and still have the same problem: the animated drawings. Neighter I can show them to you, El.

Hi Zandloper,

I found a work around to our problem. 

I went to a site (APKMIRROR) that keeps older versions of Android software and downloaded DROPBOX V12.2.2 (a version from July 2016):  http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=dropbox&post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk

I then allowed my tablet, via settings, to install software from other sources (other than Google Play). I made sure this was reverted back after the installation.

Once installed, this version of DROPBOX worked right away. And what is even stranger is that my tablet automatically upgraded DROPBOX back to V22.2.2 (within the next hour) but it still worked.

There is definitely a bug with V22.2.2 and our hardware but at least this is a work around for us.

Good luck,

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Zandloper
Explorer | Level 3
Why can't we get an answer on this question?

310EI
Super User

@Zandloper wrote:
Why can't we get an answer on this question?

Hello...

Have you read through this Help Center article?  If not, please start there.

Daniel T.39
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

thank-you for your suggestion. I just tried it:

1- uninstalled DROPBOX

2- erased all data from the Google Play Store app 

3- reinstalled DROPBOX

Same issue,  get to see the introduction animated drawings forever. 

Zandloper
Explorer | Level 3

I didd, but my problem still exists.

310EI
Super User

@Daniel T.39 wrote:

Hi,

thank-you for your suggestion. I just tried it:

1- uninstalled DROPBOX

2- erased all data from the Google Play Store app 

3- reinstalled DROPBOX

Same issue,  get to see the introduction animated drawings forever. 

Hello, Daniel & Zandloper...

You're welcome Daniel but unfortunately it didn't help you.

I'm not having any problems on my Android phone with the Dropbox app.  However, since above steps didn't help either of you... let's take this a few step further.

TRY THESE STEPS PLEASE:

• Select the Dropbox App within your Applications Manager.
  • Tap on Storage.
  • Clear CACHE.
  • Clear DATA.
  • UNINSTALL the Dropbox App.
  • RESTART your Android device.
  • INSTALL the Dropbox App again.
  • Enter your Dropbox credentials (username/password).

Sometimes all it takes is restarting your device after installing/uninstalling apps to make the changes more permanent.

If above steps still didn't correct your problem, please take a screenshot and post it here so that I can see what you're seeing.

In addition, please give more specific details about your device:

• Smartphone or Tablet model.
  • Android operating system version (eg: 6.0.1).

Let me know when you have time.

Daniel T.39
Helpful | Level 6

Thank-you 310EI,

I tried the above steps and it still did not work. As it normally happens, my problem is a result of a change. I had DROPBOX installed when I first got my tablet last March and it worked just fine but I had to do a hard reset last week on the tablet due to other problems and now, after reinstalling DROPBOX, it does not function.

Summary, I installed DROPBOX in March on ANDROID 5 (Lollipop) and it worked fine. I updated ANDROID V5 to ANDROID V6 (Marshmallow)  three months ago and my DROPBOX remained installed and healthy.

Last week I hard reset my Tablet. The version of ANDROID  after the hard reset is 6.0.1. I have a SAMSUNG TAB S2 9.7 tablet. The DROPBOX version that gets installed from GOOGLE PLAY STORE is DROPBOX  V22.2.2.

When I select DROPBOX, I see animated drawings just looping forever. I wish I could post the pictures of the drawings (I took some) but I can't figure out how the insert image option works in this reply.

Zandloper
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks to Daniel for formulating exactly the same facts as mine: I have the same version of Android, the same Samsung Tab S2, installed the same version of Dropbox - and still have the same problem: the animated drawings. Neighter I can show them to you, El.

Daniel T.39
Helpful | Level 6

Zandloper a écrit :

Hi Zandloper,

I found a work around to our problem. 

I went to a site (APKMIRROR) that keeps older versions of Android software and downloaded DROPBOX V12.2.2 (a version from July 2016):  http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=dropbox&post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk

I then allowed my tablet, via settings, to install software from other sources (other than Google Play). I made sure this was reverted back after the installation.

Once installed, this version of DROPBOX worked right away. And what is even stranger is that my tablet automatically upgraded DROPBOX back to V22.2.2 (within the next hour) but it still worked.

There is definitely a bug with V22.2.2 and our hardware but at least this is a work around for us.

Good luck,

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daniel T.39 Helpful | Level 6
    Zandloper Explorer | Level 3
    310EI Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?