cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to Ubuntu 17.04 - is anyone else having this problem?

Updated to Ubuntu 17.04 - is anyone else having this problem?

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10

I just updated to Ubuntu 17.04 and now the icon in the notification try is big and fugly and if I right click to get the menu up I just get a blank bar. Does anyone else have this problem? I assume I'm running the latest beta version, but don't have any way of telling as the menu isn't working. Also, can't really get a screenshot of the menu, but here's what the icon looks like now:

Screenshot from 2017-04-23 20-35-58.png

I tried reinstalling Dropbox, but get the same result.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Updated to Ubuntu 17.04 - is anyone else having this problem?

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Thanks for highlighting, I also hit this issue.

This seems to only affect Ubuntu 17.04 so other versions are unaffected. We're working to resolve the visual issues here. Unfortunatly I don't have a work-around for you at this moment, other than using our website. We're nearly there with the fix and I'll update you all here once we have the issue resolved.

Apologies.

View solution in original post

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hey everyone,

I have some good news, v26.3.21 is now out via the Beta Testers tab above. If your enrolled in early releases (via the Settings tab on your profile) you'll auto-update automatically but if not feel free to download directly from here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-26-3-21/m-p/219031#M3918

Once you update to this version the issue should be resolved.

Many thanks for your patience here!

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Luffy
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11
Well, since this is a beta version I think the best would be to switch to the current stable one or you'll keep having the issues. Or you can switch to a beta your device can support obviously!

cheers

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10

What a pointless reply. "Having problems with the beta? Stop using it!" Is not the point of a beta release for people to identify issues that can then be addressed before they cause a problem for the masses? I don't even know if this is limited to the beta or affects all versions of Dropbox on Ubuntu 17.04. My first step was trying to confirm if this was just limited to me as I asked.

Luffy
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11
Well, sorry for the obvious reply but your answer is also obvious. Sorry for trying to resolve your issue somehow , I didn't know it was meant to be a feedback for the developer's team.

Enjoy the rest of your Day Darren!

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10

1. Rolling back the version is not resolving a problem, it's masking it.

2. The question was; is anyone else seeing this?

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10
OK, I just stood up a fresh install of 17.04 on a VM and installed the latest stable Dropbox. Findings are:
1. Still have the fugly icon.
2. Still have the broken menu.
3. When the .deb opens in the new Ubuntu Software Centre (or whatever it's now called), clicking on the "Install" button does nothing. Have to install the deb from the command line. This also happened on my original machine so is reproducible.

As this is not strictly related to beta builds I'm happy for a mod to move it. However, I think it might be more visible to the Dropbox devs here.

Cheers.

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Thanks for highlighting, I also hit this issue.

This seems to only affect Ubuntu 17.04 so other versions are unaffected. We're working to resolve the visual issues here. Unfortunatly I don't have a work-around for you at this moment, other than using our website. We're nearly there with the fix and I'll update you all here once we have the issue resolved.

Apologies.

Darren S.1
Collaborator | Level 10
Thanks Ross.

Nehemiah J.
Helpful | Level 5

>>> Unfortunatly I don't have a work-around for you at this moment, other than using our website. 

Since when just an apology is being considered as 'solution'? :thinking: Kindly refrain from marking as solved until the issue is really resolved. It's misleading as search engines top such posts. 

LuckyKnight
Explorer | Level 4

I recently installed 17.04 and I have the same issue. I found an article here about a temporary workaround:

http://www.webupd8.org/2017/03/fix-dropbox-indicator-menu-not-working.html

I'd prefer a fix from drop box however.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    LuckyKnight Explorer | Level 4
    Darren S.1 Collaborator | Level 10
    Ross_S Dropboxer
    Nehemiah J. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?