cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updatig dropbox for windows don't remove old versions

Updatig dropbox for windows don't remove old versions

Alidl
New member | Level 2

Hello

The dropbox app for windows don't remove old versions after successful auto update and keeps several old versions of the app in "program files" and takes so much storage (for ex. 4 x one instance of dropbox = about 2-3 GB)

I don't know how report this bug to developers.

(System info: windows10 x64 - version 1809 LTSC - build 17763.379 - fully updated - only have windows firewall control, windows defender and OSArmor)

Please help

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Re: Updatig dropbox for windows don't remove old versions

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Alidl, that sounds strange; could you share a screenshot of where you spotted this exactly?

Note that if you'd like to submit a detailed report, you can do this from the following page directly with account and device specifics so we can take a better look into this matter with all of our tools at our disposal: https://www.dropbox.com/support

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Alidl
New member | Level 2

Hello

Thank you for your help

Because i deleted the old versions several days before writing this post, may be screenshot be not helpful but i attach a screenshot of my current dropbox folder in program files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3n7678t6ypv2ql/Capture_result.jpg?dl=0

As you will see in screenshot, there is a folder with the name "Client_70.4.93" that have latest dropbox windows app files.

when dropbox app updates itself, after a successfull update dropbox creats a new folder with the name of newer version but this folder won't get removed and after several updates, several instance of old dropbox files will kept there but may need to note that deleteing that old folders manually won't cause any issue but it is inconvience to check dropbox folder manually for this.

I will submit this also to dropbox.com/support

Thanks.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello again @Alidl - long time, no see!

I'm merely checking back with you on this one; were you able to resolve your concern in the end and if so, what did the trick for you?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Alidl New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?