cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload stops at 128k

Upload stops at 128k

ColWarG
Explorer | Level 3

Been trying to upload a 256meg file for about 2 hours now, I finally installed the Windows App to see if that works, and it at least gives me a better idea of what is not working.

The upload is stopping at 128k.

There is NOTHING in my dropbox.

This has been tried on several machines at this point so this is NOT a computer issue.

6 Replies 6

Re: Upload stops at 128k

gregoc
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
With that many devices having the same issues, I would believe it is a file issue. What extension is file you are attempting to upload?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @ColWarG  - sorry to hear that!

That's a funny thing you mentioned, could you try renaming the file in question and see how it goes? 

By the way are you using the desktop app, the mobile one or the website version (through dropbox.com) only?

I don't know if this helps but to see if there are files in your Dropbox that may have problematic file names, try our lookup tool:  https://www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check

Finally, you can view a full list of the characters (letters, symbols, or numbers) that may be incompatible with the operating system on your computer in this Help Center article:

https://help.dropbox.com/syncing-uploads/files-not-syncing

If you're still having issues with this, please send me a screenshot of the problem at hand so that I can get a better understanding of where the issue lies. 

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ColWarG
Explorer | Level 3

File extension is ZIP

Currently attempting to upload the contents of the ZIP individually via the APP, they are all MOV

They are halting as well.

I can upload a 2gig file to my website in under 15 minutes, what's up with this?

P.S. I am a hardcore proper filename believer, I never use exotic characters in my filenames.

1-9 a-z A-z _- (and space)

gregoc
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
Can you do one at a time and see if there is one in particular that errors out?

ColWarG
Explorer | Level 3

I will get back to you on this, apparently there seems to be a network problem between me and dropbox but not between me and my website.

I posted a couple of trouble tickets on this with the network providers.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @ColWarG, happy Monday!

Do you happen to have any updates to share on this specific matter?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    ColWarG Explorer | Level 3
    gregoc Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?