cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploaded photos not in photos file

Uploaded photos not in photos file

TBob
Helpful | Level 5

A couple of days ago I started having a problem with uploaded photos on both of my Android devices, one runs Android 6.01 and the other Android 7. I almost never use dropbox on my pc.

The problemis that when I upload photos they do not show up in the photos area. They are there in the photos folder under File and also in Recents but they stopped showing up in the photos "gallery". Again, this just started a couple of days ago. Any help greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Photos not recognized as photos

TBob
Helpful | Level 5

For anybody following this, I put in a ticket with Dropbox. The very responsive, friendly, and helpful people there tell me they have found the problem and are working on fixing it. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Photo view in app does not view Camera Uploads photos

selarsan
Explorer | Level 4

I have Dropbox app ver 76.2.2 and iOS 11.2.1 but cant see my photos in Camera Uploads (working) in the Photo view. In the Photo view I can see photos from Camera Uploads for some weeks ago, soo somethings still works. But for some reasons, I cant see the latest uploaded photos in the photo view in the app? But in the folder Camera Uploads I see the new photos. Why

Photos not recognized as photos

Nikki1983
New member | Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Dropbox app 76.2.2

I want to have all the photos I make and receive through other apps uploaded to Dropbox, so I use a File Mover app to move all incoming photos into my camera roll folder so Dropbox uploads everything. This is working fine.

Until very recently, the uploaded photos would also become visible in the "Photos" gallery of the app, so I could easily verify the upload status. However, at the moment only a fraction of the photos that are uploaded actually appear in the "Photos" gallery. Even a normal photo taken with my camera is uploaded like normal, but is not appearing in the "Photos" gallery. I've checked the "without date" section at the bottom, and nothing there either.

Could somebody please explain what is and is not shown in the "Photos" gallery?

Mark
Super User II
So many posts in such a short period of time makes me think that either theres been an unannounced change, or, more likely something has gone wrong.

Could you please log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support asking for help and link to this thread? You can then track it at http://dropbox.zendesk.com , however, please remember it is Christmas so support will be thin on the ground for a few days at least!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Photo view in app does not view Camera Uploads photos

PleaseSendTacos
New member | Level 2
Having this same exact issue. Same iOS and Dropbox version!

PleaseSendTacos
New member | Level 2

I am having the same exact problem.  I emailed support.

TBob
Helpful | Level 5

Good. I did too. 

TBob
Helpful | Level 5

For anybody following this, I put in a ticket with Dropbox. The very responsive, friendly, and helpful people there tell me they have found the problem and are working on fixing it. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TBob Helpful | Level 5
    PleaseSendTacos New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?