cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading pdf file from android now creates new separate folder

Uploading pdf file from android now creates new separate folder

drznadvago
New member | Level 2

... instead of saving the file directly in the folder I have chosen. 

I would really like the files to be saved in the folder of my chosing. How to go back to the previous default? I couldn't find anything applicable in the settings.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Uploading pdf file from android now creates new separate folder

Rich
Super User II

I'm not able to recreate this, though admittedly I'm on iOS; not Android.

Are you doing this from within the Dropbox app, or another app? Are you using the Save to Dropbox functionality or is this the save feature from within another application or the OS itself?

As far as I'm aware, there are no settings that would change the behavior to save to an additional folder.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

I'm not able to recreate this, though admittedly I'm on iOS; not Android.

Are you doing this from within the Dropbox app, or another app? Are you using the Save to Dropbox functionality or is this the save feature from within another application or the OS itself?

As far as I'm aware, there are no settings that would change the behavior to save to an additional folder.

Akay
Dropboxer

A question and a suggestion:

- Are you using the document scanner functionality within the Dropbox Android app? If so, the screen where you set the name of the file to save as should let you also pick a destination folder. 

- If you're uploading the PDF using the "upload files" action from the + button, then by default it uploads to the current folder you're in. Navigate to the folder you want to upload to, then choose to upload files. 

Is that helpful?

Akay

----------
Mobile engineering @ Dropbox

drznadvago
New member | Level 2

Apparently the problem sorted itself out. I was using the Camscanner app for android: it used to save uploaded pdf's in the indicated folder, then it startet saving them in newly created sub-folders. Now it's back to normal. Thanks for your help!

drznadvago
New member | Level 2

Thank you very much for this tip. I wasn't aware the dropbox app is able to scan documents and it does so very well.

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @drznadvago

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

[ Please feel free to get back in touch here at any time if you have any other Dropbox questions or experience any issues in the future. ]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    drznadvago New member | Level 2
    Akay Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?