cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading photos from phone

Uploading photos from phone

Mie I.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I basically got Dropbox in order to move my enormous collection of pictures and videos from my iPhone to somewhere else...The transfer went fine for a while, but then it has stopped and I keep seeing a message saying "waiting to upload". I have quit the application and relaunched, which does nothing. I have even upgraded Dropbox, as I suspect I will need the extra space...

There is still over 400 pictures which are "waiting to upload" plus a few videos. And did I mention I started this process 13th of December...?

37 Replies 37

Hugh C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem on my Android over the last week or so. After trying everything on the net, I accepted the Dropbox offer to "Contact Us" and I duly filled out their form and submitted it. What I got in reply was an automated message telling me to go to the pages I had already visited, without success. This is pretty poor customer service from Dropbox.

Evan M.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had the same problem. Turned wifi off and on again and everything uploaded fine.

Hugh C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Just tried that again. Doesn't work. 

Balazs H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same issue. I'm on Wifi, but it is "waiting to upload".

Dan R.16
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can't even believe this is still a problem. Why should we be forced to use cellular data connections to upload our photos? Much longer and I will have to look for another service - this is ridiculous 

April K.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I was dealing with this for a few weeks now, and I just simply 'Signed Out' of Dropbox on my phone and logged back in.  Things started to load without a problem.  who knows? but thought I'd share

Linda M.54
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What April K. said worked for me.

Penny W.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

April K Thank you, simple but effective, signed out and back in and it is uploading on my iphone again!

Jessica H.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Enabling auto upload on my phone worked for my monumental transfer of honeymoon photos. I deleted the album I started to make space for the incoming waves of duplicates ;( Also, just received a phone notification that the upload had stopped when my phone auto-locked. I set my phone to "never" auto-lock and photos are coming in steadily now. 

harold s.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

April K Thank you, signed out and back in and it is uploading on my iphone again!

The layout on the dropbox app changed when I signed out and signed back in, maybe it was stuck in an old version of dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dan R.16 Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Elsie J. New member | Level 1
    Megan R.2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?