cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users on Windows Domain Server 2016

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Can Dropbox be used for individual user logins on a domain?

Current setup is one user login for the stand alone pc and Dropbox works fine.  When pc is put onto the domain and users log in with their own username dropbox needs logged in again but this would need to be done fo every user using this pc which could be 25.

JL

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Users on Windows Domain Server 2016

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @JoLiRab, I hope you're well today!

If you have multiple users using the same computer, you can set up the desktop app under the different user profiles for each user.

To do this, you will need to install the desktop app on each user profile and sign in with the corresponding Dropbox account.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for the reply and I had thought of that but that would mean 1,250 installs and making all of our 50 users login to the 25 pc's that they share.  There must be others out there using Dropbox on a domain.

If not then I guess we have to move away from Dropbox completely.

It's not a problem for our other 100 users as they either have their own laptop or dedicated desktop but it does mean there is no flexibilty for hotdeskers to use these pc's.

If it can't be done I'd rather know so I don't waste time looking for solutions.

Thanks again

John

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @JoLiRab, apologies for the delay here!

I'm afraid there's not much else that I could think to suggest here, as the desktop app isn't designed to be ran on servers and I wouldn't want to give you any incorrect info here.

I could suggest just checking out this article here on hosting the Dropbox app on a server, but a quick web search might yield some more specific info for you related to your usage.

There might even be some people here who could let you know what worked for them, and advice on how you can do this.

Sorry that I can't be of much help with this, but don't hesitate to get back to me with any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?