cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Google Docs to Edit from different Devices

Using Google Docs to Edit from different Devices

bethdJFCS
Explorer | Level 3

I have multiple team members with access to shared folders. The team members are working on different devices - everything from a Chromebook to a Mac to a tablet, and accessing DropBox through both the web version and the installed app. If they are working on documents, should all users be able to open and edit using Google Docs/Sheets? The Chromebook user specifically says they do not have other web editing options, only Google suite. To ensure all team members are seeing edited/updated documents, want to switch them all over to Google Docs. I want to know if the Google Doc option is available across all DropBox users?

2 Replies 2

Re: Using Google Docs to Edit from different Devices

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @bethdJFCS, thanks for reaching out to us here!

All Dropbox users can use the Google Docs, Sheets and Slides integration, however you'll need to connect a Google account to your Dropbox account and they must both be under the same email address for the integration to work correctly online.

Also, for mobile devices it's not currently possible to open files for editing on the Dropbox app, they can only be previewed. However, you can use the website on a mobile device and use the online integration there.

For some more info in this integration, I'd suggest checking out this article.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Using Google Docs to Edit from different Devices

bethdJFCS
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply! I do not have an associated Google account and have been able to open files to edit in Google Docs. My account is a Personal Account but tied to a Business Account for my organization. Is it possible for the main Business Accout to have allowed Google integration for all associated users?

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bethdJFCS Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?