cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version information on site

Version information on site

Andy B.16
New member | Level 2

Please add the live version information of the installation media I'm downloading from your site. I'm not a Dropbox user but, I'm the Mac Admin responsible for deploying the Dropbox app and services across an enterprise environment - to hundreds of professional users. It's infuriating to have to download, install, and log in to Dropbox (setting up the necessary folders etc.) for the sole purpose of finding the application version.  I then logout, uninstall, and "cleanup" all the extra files, credentials, and Keychain entries that Dropbox leaves behind. I've had to develop my own scripts to clean up Dropbox for this purpose alone in order to maintain my clandestine environment. I'm not a Dropbox user but I have to deal with the Dropbox app regularly.

Where can I find the live version number of the Dropbox app offered for download on the Downloads page? Having this information visible *somewhere* would make my life so much easier, as I imagine it being helpful to other admins.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Version information on site

Rich
Super User II

@Andy B.16 wrote:

Where can I find the live version number of the Dropbox app offered for download on the Downloads page?

The download page will always download the latest stable release. You can find a list of all the stable and beta versions in the Client Builds section of the forums.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Version information on site

Rich
Super User II

@Andy B.16 wrote:

Where can I find the live version number of the Dropbox app offered for download on the Downloads page?

The download page will always download the latest stable release. You can find a list of all the stable and beta versions in the Client Builds section of the forums.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?