cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for connection

Waiting for connection

Dragonstars
Explorer | Level 3

I tried uploading five video files to Dropbox overnight using my laptop and the app/program installed. When I woke up this morning it said "waiting for network connection" and the files were not uploaded. I am using an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home edition.

I tried chat support and they said it was my internet connection...that is rich considering I was chatting with them using the same internet connection. They escalated it to their specialty team this morning and I have received zero reponse from anyone since.

When I asked if I could speak to a member of the escalation team via chat, phone, other I was told no and they would get back to me eventually. That is just not acceptable from a customer service standpoint.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is Ticket #10339709

5 Replies 5

Re: Waiting for connection

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out to us here @Dragonstars!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with this. I was able to locate your open ticket and I've passed along your comments from here to keep them in the loop.

Since the error message is regarding a network connection, a way for us to isolate the issue is to see if connecting to other WiFi or data networks shows a difference in the behaviour.

If you haven't already, if you have any antivirus or firewalls apps on this device, can you try temporarily disabling them to see if you can upload one of the files?

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dragonstars
Explorer | Level 3
So you're suggesting I disable any software that protects my laptop and then announce that my device is unprotected to an open forum of random people!? Why would having my device protected prevent me from uploading files?

It's not the internet! I can stream video, download music, use literally hundreds of different applications with no issues. The only software I am having an issue with is Dropbox.

If someone has a real suggestion to help, please reply.

Dragonstars
Explorer | Level 3
I double checked and Dropbox has full permissions and access in the settings for any software that protects my device...which explains why I can login to the software, refresh, etc.

Rich
Super User II

@Dragonstars wrote:
Why would having my device protected prevent me from uploading files?

Because many antivirus and firewall applications have been known to block Dropbox, even with exclusions in place. Disabling them is a test, nothing more.

It's not the internet!

If it's saying "Waiting for connection" then something is blocking Dropbox's access to the Internet. It's not a problem with Dropbox itself, but something else that's getting in the way.

Dragonstars
Explorer | Level 3
I didn't change anything and two of the files are suddenly showing uploaded. I can see them when I login on my phone. The other 3 files still say waiting for connection.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dragonstars Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?