cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook. It's possibly corrupt or using a file format that's not supported.

We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook. It's possibly corrupt or using a file format that's not supported.

Sharka H.
New member | Level 1

Hi, I couldn't find the same problem I have.

All of the sudden I can't access our shared files. I can still see all the folders and go deeper in the structure, but the moment I try to open a file, I get the message below. (Cant' preview either.)

I tried 3 different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and also my colleagues say nothing has changed for them.

I can see a different name at each file now  (It says it's been edited by Tony in random years like 2015 etc., although Tony never uses Dropbox anymore.)

I tried to re-share the whole main folder with myself (I still appear to have edit rights) but didn't work. 😞

4 Replies 4

Re: We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook. It's possibly corrupt or using a file format that's not supported.

Rich
Super User II

Possibly hit by ransomware?

Re: We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook. It's possibly corrupt or using a file format that's not supported.

Sharka H.
New member | Level 1

Thanks Rich. I scanned my mac and haven't found anything.

Meanwhile, I found kind of a solution. - I can revert each document to its previous version and then open it. The problem is it has happened to all of them in all sub folders so it's plenty of them to be done and manually will be a big job. 😞

Plus, I still don't know how the hell that happened and what caused it.

Mark
Super User II

If its all of one folder it really does sound like some sort of ransom ware -especially if its a shared one and all at the same time.

That would mean that somebody ELSE in the share is infected not actually you. Their infection has then 'spread' across to the shared folder.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sharka H.
New member | Level 1

Thanks Mark. The problem is that I'm the only one seeing this happened. All other users accessing with different emails are saying they have no such issue.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sharka H. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?