cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client Annoying with all it's re-drawing

Web Client Annoying with all it's re-drawing

Abbott C
New member | Level 2

Whenever I use the web-client I get so annoyed at the constant re-drawing and re-organization of the screen.

Example:

I go to drop box, and select "All files".

I get a list of files, I would typically click on the folder or file I want

However in the background it's still loading items that will "Re-size" the screen, causing the list to re-draw and almost every time result in the wrong folder or file being selected as its location on the screen moves between you clicking and it accepting the click.

You have to always pause while the screen re-draws and re-sizes two to three times before being able to start any activity.

Using webclient to access a file takes 5x longer than needed while waiting for each screen to fully load and re-draw, even though the actual file/folder list appeared quickly.

1 Reply 1

Re: Web Client Annoying with all it's re-drawing

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hi @Abbott C, thanks for posting in our Community!

I understand it can be inconvenient to have to wait for a page to load fully before you can click on something. 

This could be related to your internet speed or your browser.

Can you try logging in to Dropbox from a different browser, to see if you have any different behavior?

Let me know the results!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?