cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does 'refresh to update' on my offline files mean? How can I do it?

What does 'refresh to update' on my offline files mean? How can I do it?

JuanHerrero
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have a number of folders set as "Make available offline" on my iPad. Generally this works fine, but sometimes I get the yellow exclamation mark icon and "Refresh to update".  Can someone please tell me what "Refresh to update" means - there is no refresh button and no refresh option in the menu. What am I supposed to do??? 

61 Replies 61

FakeReal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I can’t believe they still haven’t fixed this.

virusthecyrus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
@FakeReal, you can try going to Account --> Manage Offline Files --> on the top right hand coner, there is a refresh logo.

Hepplethom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Still doesn't work though, not for me anyway, just refreshes back to the exclaimation mark...

EDIT - a refresh, then a force close, then re-open the app seems to have cleared it for the time being

CamEicher
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi folks, this is still not working for me, despite being on version 152.3.2 on an iPad Pro.  Any further updates?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @CamEicher, sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. 

Just to ensure that we've covered most initial ground, could you please confirm for me that you've tried navigating to your Account tab and tapping on the Manage Offline Files option? Do you see the refresh icon on the top right corner of your screen?

Could you also clarify for me if you've tried connecting to a different WiFi connection, as well as enabling/disabling your cellular data option? 

Let me know what you find! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CamEicher
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for the response!  Yes, all of the above suggestions have been tried.

The only way to change the icon from yellow to green is to navigate to each folder individually.  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me, @CamEicher.

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so that we can have a more in-depth look into this. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

frankzhan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

having exactly same issue here... likely reaching some size limit???

CamEicher
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Not a size limit, a confirmed bug with the dropbox team.  Lusil the moderator here was helpful in getting me connected with the tech support team.  But the tech support team on dropbox is dismal.

Three times I asked if it's a bug just with the icons and the updates are really happening in the background, or if it's an actual syncing bug (since just clicking on the folder changes the icon to the green check mark so it's possible the files are synced in the background) - and they could refused to answer.  No info on the timeline or probability for a fix could be provided either.

Really awesome - especially after raising my annual price by 20%.  I'm not a fan and am in the process of moving critical files to google drive.

Hope you have better luck.

frankzhan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am moving my big files to onedrive as I can sync those without any issue to my ios devices... I like the way dropbox is building new features but not the way dropbox handles stability... 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TechnoAmeoba New member | Level 2
    dret New member | Level 2
    Peachey Helpful | Level 5
    Pan054 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?