cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does 'refresh to update' on my offline files mean? How can I do it?

What does 'refresh to update' on my offline files mean? How can I do it?

JuanHerrero
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have a number of folders set as "Make available offline" on my iPad. Generally this works fine, but sometimes I get the yellow exclamation mark icon and "Refresh to update".  Can someone please tell me what "Refresh to update" means - there is no refresh button and no refresh option in the menu. What am I supposed to do??? 

61 Replies 61

dret
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
also, amazingly bad support by the dropbox team.

TechnoAmeoba
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Making files available offline worked perfectly on my iPad Pro, but I had this issue with exactly the same folders/subfolders/files on my iPhone 7.

The download stalled after so many folders/files were completed, and would not refresh or re-start, for days.

22 files remaining.

Eventually I chose to 'Remove from Device', the whole containing folder, and immediately reselected to 'Make available offline'.

The remaining files then downloaded and my file collection is now complete and available offline.

I hope this might help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TechnoAmeoba New member | Level 2
    dret New member | Level 2
    Peachey Helpful | Level 5
    Pan054 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?