cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the “shortcut” bar on the right?

What happened to the “shortcut” bar on the right?

writerchick009
Explorer | Level 3

I don’t actually know what to call the “shortcut bar” thing that used to be on the right side of the page when opening a file in Dropbox but I’m sure you know what I’m talking about - where you simply had to tap or do a quick scroll to find the page you wanted. Why was that feature removed? I have many files that are 100+ pages long and scrolling through every single one just to get to the last page is very frustrating. Please bring the shortcut back!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: What happened to the “shortcut” bar on the right?

Maple
Dropboxer

Hi writerchick009,

You're right that it doesn't work for Pages documents. AFAIK the feature never worked for Pages document: we pass the Pages document to an Apple library for rendering (QLPreviewController), where we don't have control over the scrollbar. I will file a feature request for this, to see if we can switch to using a library where we can customize the scrollbar.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

writerchick009 wrote:

where you simply had to tap or do a quick scroll to find the page you wanted.

I still have it on mine. It's the little circle with the lines on it. If I tap and drag that, it scrolls very fast througout the document.

2017-10-11 17.00.25.png

Maple
Dropboxer
Hi writerchick009,

Which mobile device are you using? On iOS, the feature should still be there.

iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

writerchick009
Explorer | Level 3
I have that little circle when I look through my files, but it doesn’t appear when I actually open the file and read the document. It’s very strange.

writerchick009
Explorer | Level 3

I use both my iPhone and iPad. I have iOS 11 on both, and the apps are up to date. I don’t have the shortcut on either device anymore. This has only been an issue since the iOS update.

Maple
Dropboxer
Hi writerchick009,

What is the file extension of the document with 100+ pages?

iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

writerchick009
Explorer | Level 3

They’re all .pages files. I just tried a pdf and that did give me the option to quick scroll, but Pages documents still aren’t. I really only use Dropbox for Pages documents.

Maple
Dropboxer

Hi writerchick009,

You're right that it doesn't work for Pages documents. AFAIK the feature never worked for Pages document: we pass the Pages document to an Apple library for rendering (QLPreviewController), where we don't have control over the scrollbar. I will file a feature request for this, to see if we can switch to using a library where we can customize the scrollbar.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

iOS Engineer @ Dropbox
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Maple Dropboxer
    writerchick009 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?