cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What should i do if you want to lock my iPhone

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am afraid that my iPhone would be peeped by others accidently. What should i do? How can i lock my iPhone if i'm away from my iPhone?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: What should i do if you want to lock my iPhone

Super User
Super User

If you want to lock the iPhone itself, you can use a Passcode or TouchID/FaceID to unlock it. Go to Settings > TouchID & Passcode > Turn Passcode On. 

If you want to lock your Dropbox app, you can do that as well using a separate passcode. Launch Dropbox app > go to Accounts tab > Click the gear icon to top left > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode On, and choose a passcode. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Launch the Settings app on your iOS devices like iPhone and iPad. Tap on General, scroll down and choose Restrictions.

Tap on Enable Restrictions and enter a passcode.

Scroll down the list and customize the types of apps, content, and settings you want others to have access to. Under the Allowsection, turn off individual apps that you don’t want others to access without your permission.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Mary, the steps the others have mentioned are regarding the iPhone itself, which is great!

As Elixir said, if you you only want to secure the Dropbox mobile app, then the following article should help in this regard, allowing you to enter a 4 digit passcode for the app.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

If you want to lock the iPhone itself, you can use a Passcode or TouchID/FaceID to unlock it. Go to Settings > TouchID & Passcode > Turn Passcode On. 

If you want to lock your Dropbox app, you can do that as well using a separate passcode. Launch Dropbox app > go to Accounts tab > Click the gear icon to top left > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode On, and choose a passcode. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Launch the Settings app on your iOS devices like iPhone and iPad. Tap on General, scroll down and choose Restrictions.

Tap on Enable Restrictions and enter a passcode.

Scroll down the list and customize the types of apps, content, and settings you want others to have access to. Under the Allowsection, turn off individual apps that you don’t want others to access without your permission.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Mary, the steps the others have mentioned are regarding the iPhone itself, which is great!

As Elixir said, if you you only want to secure the Dropbox mobile app, then the following article should help in this regard, allowing you to enter a 4 digit passcode for the app.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?