cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I open Excel for the web, I can't switch sheets as the option disappears. Any ideas?

When I open Excel for the web, I can't switch sheets as the option disappears. Any ideas?

moorenic
New member | Level 2

Hi

I'm having trouble with Excel for the Web.  When I open the document, the sheet/page tabs at the bottom of the screen flash up and then quickly disappear.  I'm stuck on one page!! If I download the spreadsheet I can work on it, but then of course its not 'live' for the others that need to see what I've done.  I'm working on an AppleMac & have everything updated. Thank in advance : )

7 Replies 7

Re: Excel for the web

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @moorenic, thanks for reaching out!

Do you have the same issue after clearing the browser cache?

What about when using an incognito window and another web browser?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Liquidjade
Explorer | Level 4

I've had this same problem for the past week or so and it is hugely frustrating and very unproductive as a small business owner. I pay £9.99 for unlimited storage and am disappointed that this issue seems so difficult to resolve. I have tried everything, clearing the brower cache, using both Safari and Chrome, nothing makes a difference. I've now resorted to downloading the sheets and saving them to Google Docs instead.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for joining us here @Liquidjade!

Can you let me know if this happens when using an incognito window too for either of the browsers you mentioned?

If so, please let me know which versions of the browsers you have installed.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pennywebb
New member | Level 2

I am having exactly the same issue! I have cleared cache, used safari and chrome and all have the same issue. When I open Excel, I get a big blank space with a note about "This site uses cookies for analytics, personalized content and ads. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use." and then the spreadsheet. The worksheet tabs flick up for a moment then disappear. It is incredibly frustrating!

moorenic
New member | Level 2

Hi there, it seems were not alone!

I'm not sure what has happened, but it seems to be working fine for me this morning.  I haven't done anything different or changes any settings?!  Fingers crossed the issue has been resolved

moorenic
New member | Level 2

Hi there, thanks for you're reply,

I'm not sure what has happened, but it seems to be working fine for me this morning.  I haven't done anything different or changed any settings?!  Fingers crossed the issue has been resolved as it seems that others are having the same problem too.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @moorenic, thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear that it works for you. 

@Liquidjade and @pennywebb, could you let us know if you're still having trouble with this? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?