cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I open a PowerPoint file from my Dropbox, the formatting is messed up. Is there a way to avoid this without saving the PPT as a PDF?

When I open a PowerPoint file from my Dropbox, the formatting is messed up. Is there a way to avoid this without saving the PPT as a PDF?

Suzanne P.13
New member | Level 1

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox does not alter file formats or file setups. 

What can happen though is that differing versions on different machines cause issues OR the web version of office opens it. 

If you download it to a machine with the same version of office on (and same fonts etc.) all will be fine

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Suzanne P.13
New member | Level 1

Actually, I do have the same version of PowerPoint on both computers and the same operating system and I'm still having this problem.

Mark
Super User II

Its something specific to your machine set up then I'm afraid Suzanne. 

Dropbox cannot alter files (it doesn't know how to!). It simply syncs exactly the same as a USB pen would do it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Trulite_Safety
New member | Level 1

I am uploading PPT files.  When I look at them in Drop Box, they are PDF's.  I am trying to get a co-worker to download the file.  But, its no use if all he can see is the PDF.  What am I doing wrong?

Rich
Super User II

What he's seeing is just the file preview. Have him click the blue Download button in the top right corner of the page. It will download the original PPT file. If he uses the browser's save functionality all he will be saving is the PDF preview.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Trulite_Safety New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Suzanne P.13 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?