cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When I try to open a file I get the message "no authority to access" when Im the owner and only user

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This has never happened to me in the years I've been using dropbox. I'm the only user and the owner of all this and I don't know how or why this happened and I can't open anything.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: When I try to open a file I get the message "no authority to access" when Im the owner

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Justin (@Justin123), just so as to determine the best course of action moving forward, would you mind letting me know how you’re viewing these files? Are you opening them using our Web Uploader/the desktop application or your mobile device? 

From there, what’s the exact wording you’re seeing Justin? Are you getting an access denied" error message by any chance? I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info), so as to narrow down the possible scenarios; please include it in your next message if possible. 

Thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?