cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where are my files residing on IOS devices?

Highlighted

Where are my files residing on IOS devices?

Helpful | Level 5

How can I be sure that the files in my IOS Dropbox folder are on the cloud and not actually on my device? On my Mac, Dropbox shows me a cloud icon next to the file name so I know the file is not local. I don't see anything similar on my IOS devices that lets me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Super User II
Super User II

Mobile devices don't sync files like the desktop devices do. They only show a list of the files that are in your account. The only files stored locally on a mobile device are those that you open, which are stored temporarily in cache, or those you make available offline, which are stored on the device until you unmark them as such..

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Super User II
Super User II

Mobile devices don't sync files like the desktop devices do. They only show a list of the files that are in your account. The only files stored locally on a mobile device are those that you open, which are stored temporarily in cache, or those you make available offline, which are stored on the device until you unmark them as such..

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?