cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find my notifications on my Dropbox desktop app?

Where can I find my notifications on my Dropbox desktop app?

newbie2018
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I have sync my Dropbox with a new machine and get pop ups indicating PErson A has changed or updated file A... but that notification pop up goes away too quickly for me to work out which file it is... how do I see old notificatin messages? or keep them on screen until I have gone through them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: notification timeout

Elixir
Super User

I am afraid the old notifications are cleared somehow then. Note that the old notifications prior to Dropbox installation on your new computer won't show up there. But the notifications arrives after the Dropbox installation will be there. If you want to have a look at the older changes, you can see them in the Dropbox Events page

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropboxer

You should be able to see the notifications by clicking on the Dropbox icon that’s next to your clock on your desktop

If you can’t see them, I’d suggest giving an advanced reinstall a shot and see if that does the trick. 

Let me know of any updates! :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

newbie2018
Explorer | Level 3

thanks - the only notifications I get there are to do with upgrading dropbox - it does not list who changed which files and when

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the prompt response, @newbie2018

Initially, please remember that you can find more info on what occurred to content in your Dropbox account by visiting your events page or the version history of a file for more specific details.

Do bear in mind though that you can also navigate to the website to check out notifications (by clicking on the bell icon that’s on the top right-hand side of your screen) too. 

Nevertheless, as a first step, I’d kindly recommend an advanced reinstall of the Dropbox desktop app to see if that does the trick. 

Do keep me posted on the matter! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

newbie2018
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, Thankyou for the reply.

I have reinstalled but the notification no longer appears - probably as it appeared once before.

I tried to test this and a pop up appears but it goes away very quickly. Nothing is shown on the notications area on the dropbox web site to indicate who changed things and / or when

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info on this, @newbie2018

Initially, are you able to see any of these changes via your events page

As per your concern about the notification, I’d be more than happy to send you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile to further investigate this with you.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

newbie2018
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the response @Lusil. I am not able to see any of these changes via my events page

The machine that I used to syncronise had not been updated in a while and so might have been trying to catch up on the changes over the month...?

BTW I received email notications of updates to posts and you wrote
"Since the images are not the same size, it wouldn’t seem to be duplicates, but instead what the different file sizes mean..."

was this an old post?

newbie2018
Explorer | Level 3

I think the files are all updated now - I just wanted to go through the changes as the notifications popped up but the fact that they do not remain or in a place I can go through them is the main thing... but for now the files are syncronised and I'll have to go with that...

Elixir
Super User

Hey @newbie2018, you can find the past Dropbox notifications in Windows Action center (or in the Notifications in the MacOS). Click the Action Center on the bottom right of your taskbar (or the Notification on the top right of your MacOS). There you should find the previous notifications unless you cleared/interacted with them. 

Dropbox_notifications.png

2018-08-17 at 5.04 PM.png

newbie2018
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Elixir

I am using windows 10 and do not see any notifications in that window - I only see changes that I made.... which is why it is confusing... maybe due to timeframe since I lasy sync my machine it is jusy popping up all changes so quickly?
I just wanted to enable or set the notifications to lasat longer so I can review them

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Elixir Super User
    newbie2018 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?