cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the download button?

Where is the download button?

deepwater3d
New member | Level 2

This seems ridiculous, but as Dropbox is for uploading and downloading...where is the download button?

Note- I am using website, cannot install on this machine as I don't have the bandwidth, I just need to download some files. But I can't for the life of me find the blasted download button?

After firing your UI designers, please advise??

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Re: Where is the download button?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @deepwater3d, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

The download option should be available through the "..." menu.

For just a single file, you can click the ellipsis to the right of the file name, and with multiple files selected, the ellipsis will be over to the right hand side of the web page.

If you're not seeing this option, please send along a screenshot of the options that you do see, and we can go from there.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Why Bury the "Download" function under the three dots?

fearonething
New member | Level 2

Why not have the "download" function beside the "share" dropdown. That is where my eye is drawn in the interface. There TWO main functions your site provides and over the years you have moved "download" all over the place. 

I understand you want me to stay and share and be in a community or team. But your too main functions in my opinion are to upload and download. Why is the "download" function hidden in the 3 dots in the sub-navigation (secondary)? Downloading from DropBox shouldn't be a secondary function at all.
Turn that "close sidebar" symbol the other way and you have a "download" icon. Sometimes you want to "upload" and "download" that's it, get in and get out. I feel as far as the functionality you have missed the mark. Unless of course, you were trying to make me stay longer in frustration, trying to get to the files in my Dropbox.

dropboxSceenShot.jpg

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?