cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "Save as" option when I choose direct download?

Where is the "Save as" option when I choose direct download?

AnnGKNCP
New member | Level 2

For some reason the direct download option has changed. When I choose direct download there  is no bottom bar that gives me the "save as" option for the file.  I have to go to the downloads folder on the computer, rename the file, and move it to the proper folder. Why would this have changed? How can I change it back?

1 Reply 1

Re: save as for media files

Rich
Super User II

@AnnGKNCP wrote:

When I choose direct download there  is no bottom bar that gives me the "save as" option for the file.  I have to go to the downloads folder on the computer, rename the file, and move it to the proper folder.

That's controlled by your web browser; not Dropbox. The Dropbox website simply tells your browser to download a file. It's the browser that gives you the options for Save, Save As, etc.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?