cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of Dropbox would suit my business best?

Which version of Dropbox would suit my business best?

ElectricGnome
New member | Level 2

I wish to share with my clients their inventory in my stores. I currently do this using the free version of dropbox and update the inventory information daily or weekly, as suits that client / project. I would like to do this live, i.e. as inventory changes (these are in XLXS format). Currently I set up a google account per client, share that password etc with them and then ask them to log in to dropbox via google. As and when I update their dropbox I send them an email to tell them I have done so and they can access accordingly. It isn't as clunky as it sounds and it does work. More than one of my clients has expressed an interest in a more 'real time' method (albeit I am skeptical they will actually use it) and I am hoping that this might also negate the need for me manually uploading etc. It would also be useful for me to know if and when clients are viewing this information (not just editing or uploading but viewing). My clients do send information to me via this dropbox method but that is infrequent, the info flow is generally from me to them. The information is not especially sensitive so just the usual safe guards are required. Having read reviews on both Plus and Pro it seems these might work for me but the reviews aren't particularly explicit on these specifics. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Ta EG 

1 Reply 1

Re: Which version of dropbox would suit my business best?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @ElectricGnome, thanks for posting your question here. 

Generally, when you create a shared folder, you can add another user to it by entering their email address. 

That will then send them a notification to the email you've outlined and, if they don't have an account, will prompt them to create one associated with it when they click on the invitation. 

It sounds like what you're looking for is viewer info, which allows you to see if someone is currently looking at a file.

If you're on a Professional subscription, you can also see when they last viewed it. 

Are you looking for something more specific by any chance?

Give me a nudge whenever you have a moment to check this out, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?