cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

While at work I want to be able to access my personal account without linking it to the work account

Explorer | Level 4

On my computer (MacOS 10.15.4), at work I am always signed in to a shared business account that we all use to access all our shared folders.

I would like to be able to access my personal account (on the Mac, not my iPhone), without linking it to the business account.

Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: While at work I want to be able to access my personal account without linking it to the work acc

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @allmyforumposts, I hope you're well today!

If you don't want to link your accounts, if you're accessing your work account through the web then I can suggest opening your personal account from a different web browser or an incognito window.

This will prevent you from having to sign out of your work account to then sign in with your personal one.

If you're accessing your work account through the desktop app, then you could just use a normal browsing window to sign into your personal account.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: While at work I want to be able to access my personal account without linking it to the work acc

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @allmyforumposts, I hope you're well today!

If you don't want to link your accounts, if you're accessing your work account through the web then I can suggest opening your personal account from a different web browser or an incognito window.

This will prevent you from having to sign out of your work account to then sign in with your personal one.

If you're accessing your work account through the desktop app, then you could just use a normal browsing window to sign into your personal account.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Daphne, I had tried to sign in on a different browser but failed.

Then I tried to sign in with private browsing in Chrome, which also failed.

Only after trying to sign in with private browsing on Safari did I succeed! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that you were able to log in there @allmyforumposts!

Out of curiosity, were you getting an error when you tried to sign into the normal browsing windows on Safari and Chrome? Or were you not able to sign in there due to being signed into your work account?

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?