cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I CAN Make FOLDER Available OFFLINE

Why I CAN Make FOLDER Available OFFLINE

Igor G.
New member | Level 1

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 I have an OFFICIAL dropbox android app, which can sync ENTIRE FOLDER, to make OFFLINE ACCESS for it. Why the h*ll, I cant do same thing on Sony android smartphone? Same app, different features??

9 Replies 9

Re: Why I CAN Make FOLDER Available OFFLINE

Mark
Super User II

believe this is currently in beta trial with a select group of people on selected devices. It is not a fully released feature yet. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jamie C.
New member | Level 2

Have you asked this question on Reddit? There might be an answer or at least some sort of helpful explanation from a hard core tech familiar with the issues involved.

Rich
Super User II

There might be an answer or at least some sort of helpful explanation

As Mark stated, the feature is not widely available yet.

Igor G.
New member | Level 1

I get that it might be a beta feature, and i am sorry for claiming to DropBox team for it:). Actually, every developers should notice, that each feature that available only for an open select group should be marked as beta, to avoid angering from users. 

You all know that the Offline folder feature is a sore subject, and I wish the DB team enable it to all soon. 

Hallelujah.

Tony C.10
New member | Level 1

Oh Yes please offline folders...I have all my music in Dropbox (100s of sheets) I cant keep selecting each file.....please, please lets have Offline Folders too....

Olivier P.3
New member | Level 2

I can't believe this feature is not available yet and have to go through a 3rd party app to do it. Make it available quick please!

Murray B.
New member | Level 1

I agree.  I enjoy cooking have have 1,000's of recipes that I've got on DropBox and have no intention of individually selecting EACH file to make offline.  Having option to make and entire folder available "Offline" would be a huge step up for this app.

Igor G.8
New member | Level 1

Dear guys, in a beginning of 2016 I lose the feature for making folders offline 😞  Also I cant find any other equal service with it.. conspiracy is inevitable. 

Terrible things are happening everywhere... Uprising close.

Ed
Dropboxer
Fear not! You can now offline folders on mobile 🙂

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropboxer
    Igor G.8 New member | Level 1
    Murray B. New member | Level 1
    Olivier P.3 New member | Level 2
    Tony C.10 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?