cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting a "Can't save" error message when I try to save a scanned doc?

Why am I getting a "Can't save" error message when I try to save a scanned doc?

soid
Helpful | Level 5

I scanned a documented and it's showing the error "Can't Save. There was a problem saving the file. Try again later"

I tried to disable wifi and use mobil internet to no avail. The internet works fin in the browser. Why can't I just save the scan in the files then? Ah so disappointed! Is there a way for me to save the document somehow?

I'm on iOS 13, iPhone Pro Max, Dropbox Plus plan and there's more than 1TB free space.

11 Replies 11

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @soid, thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Community - welcome aboard!

As a first step, could you let me know if you're following these steps to saving a scanned document with your iOS?

If you are, have you by any chance tried clearing your Dropbox mobile app's cache? Maybe that will do the trick.

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

soid
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Lusil, thanks for your reply. If I open the Dropbox app, it shows the document saving dialog and I can't go to the Dropbox app without dismissing the scanned document.

I guess the document is lost for me since I hasn't been able to save it for the last 3 hours and it doesn't have any other options to export it in any way.

I'm highly disappointed because I don't wanna scan 20 pages again and find out I can't save them, so I'm unlikely to use the dropbox scan again. I guess I'd like to file a bug report and hope developers fix in the future, otherwise it's unusable beyond 1 or 2 pages scans.

How can I file a bug report?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me and for your feedback on this, @soid

Just to ensure that we cover as much initial troubleshooting ground as possible, could you also check if you've got sufficient space on your mobile device to create a scanned doc?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

soid
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I have enough space on the device - over 100GB.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for checking that out for me, @soid

At this point, I'd recommend continuing via email so that we can have a better look into this behavior.

I found your ticket and can see that it's with a specialized member of the team. I made sure to pass your comments along to them and they've already replied back to you. 

When you have the chance, check your inbox for their latest message and don't hesitate to get back to them with any additional info or questions. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

NicciSmith
Explorer | Level 4
I have been saving scans to various folders for years, via iPhone into Dropbox app. It will now not allow me to save any scans, however I can save pictures. The message reads “can’t save- there was a problem saving the file. Try again later”. I have more than enough space available (1TB). I have cleared the cache. Please can someone assist

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hello @NicciSmith, I hope you're having a good day so far!

I've just moved your post here as it seems you're getting the same error message as the OP here.

Just to make sure we have a good idea of your current set up, please let me know the following:

• Version of iOS that your device is running (Settings > General > About)
  • Version of the Dropbox app installed (Dropbox app > Account tab > Gear icon in top left > App version)
  • Free space available on your device (Settings > General > iPhone Storage)

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

NicciSmith
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Daphne
iOS - 13.4.1
Dropbox - 188.2.4
iPhone storage - 140gb available

Thanks

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Could you try reinstalling the mobile app @NicciSmith to see if that helps?

Since you mentioned you're using a paid Dropbox plan, you won't run into the Basic plan's 3 device limit when reinstalling the app.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    NicciSmith Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?