Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting pop-up ads for "Dropbox for Business", if I'm already paying for Pro?

Victor P.12 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I go to dropbox.com to manage my personal data.  I am not a business, and I don't use dropbox for work.  Why does Dropbox think it's okay to have advertisements and pop-ups telling me to upgrade to Dropbox for Business?

9 Replies 9

Re: Why am I getting pop-up ads for "Dropbox for Business", if I'm already paying for Pro?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Victor

Sorry for that. Please let me know if this is still persistent or if it has reduced by now.

Thank you

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Why am I getting pop-up ads for "Dropbox for Business", if I'm already paying for Pro?

Hamish M.3 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Ditto Victor,

I'm not a busines, I don't work for a business, I pay a business called Dropbox for a storage service and I'm tired of being nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged, and nagged,about a service I have no interest in.

Could you Dropbox, please just stop it?

Max D.10 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi Dropbox,  I could not find a contact support form, so I am adding to this thread. I am also a paying customer that has my interface crowded with ads for Dropbox Business. Is there a way to alleviate this? Is this now a business only tool - should I move to another service?

Matthew T.27
Collaborator | Level 8

YES!

Thank you Victor. Thank you. This is EXACTLY my biggest peeve with Dropbox right now.

Dropbox staff, please read this. I pay over $100 a year for Dropbox Pro. Add extra for versioning. That's not a cheap amount for me. I expect to be getting a premium service.

I have 1tb provided FREE to me by OneDrive and yet I pay for Dropbox. Because it's better. The client is better, the features are better, and the web interface is simple, sleek and does what I want it to do.

But you keep pushing me for business upgrades? I am not a business. The Government department I work for has to follow data sovereignty laws saying data HAS to be in Australia. Hence you don't comply. Hence Dropbox is totally out of the question for either me, or the 'business' I work for. I repeat again - it's of zero use in a business context for me. Period. I therefore expect to dismiss the message and never see it again.

NAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAG

But it keeps popping up? Who made this decision? It's ruining the Dropbox interface and it makes it look like WE are on the free tier. I even /trialled/ the Business plan for a few days, and reverted back. And it disappeared. AND THEN SHOWED UP AGAIN?!?

I understand you're shifting your focus to the business market. I get it, 100%. But don't drag us along as second rate citizens in your persuit of that goal.

If this isn't fixed by the time my subscription is up for renewal in 3 months, I'm leaving Dropbox for either Google or OneDrive, and tolerating the inferior features.

Either don't make it popup, add & obey a "don't show again", or add a feature in settings.

Please listen for once.

Radko
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, Dropbox please stop bugging your Pro users with advertisements for Dropbox Business. We know it exists and are not interested.

RGEaerly New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I went to desktop website because I couldn't find help on either the app or the mobile website. At least twice on the same screen I got popups touting Dropbox for business I had to X out of. I thought when I went to pro I would stop getting ads!

vfxrob New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

That chunky ass advert for the dropbox business on the left covers the UI when i have reduced size, shoudnt need constant nagging to join dropbox business when weve already upgraded to premium clearly if we wanted more space we would do so. Its [isses me off because you already have to upgrade to business at the top, you dont need to litter the web page with adverts **bleep** it off.

John19 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I hate this thing.  When my broswer os smaller it actrually interferes with my actions.  TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!

Super User II
Super User II
I suggest adding your thoughts to the Feature Request for this: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/Can-Dropbox-Pro-users-get-an-option-to-disable-all-ads-to-tr...

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?