cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not receiving notifications for file comments?

Why am I not receiving notifications for file comments?

superkeaton
Explorer | Level 3

As of three days ago, I've been unable to recieve application notifications from the desktop or mobile apps regarding comments on files in a shared folder. I can manually view new comments by going to the file itself, but the application will not display the new comment on the typical Notification Alert section. All Notification options are enabled.

26 Replies 26

Re: No Notifications for File Comments

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@superkeaton), thanks for checking in with us! As I’d like to expedite matters for you, I’ve located your latest open request on our system & I’ve already sent you a brief message back. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email if you’d like to work on that with me & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you soon! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

MRedpath
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, and I think it arose just as recently. Please explain how I can fix this.

Thanks,

Matt

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Matt (@MRedpath), if it’s not too much trouble for you, could you confirm that you haven’t missed our last update that was released yesterday (70.4.93). From there, I’d like to point you to the syncing icons on your pc/Mac that will help you paint a clearer picture of whether you’re syncing to your account online correctly. If you’re facing an issue loading your syncing icons, I’d recommend unlinking & relinking your account on your desktop once, as it recreates the local database

Please have a look at my recommendations at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here. Thanks & enjoy the rest of your day Matt!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

MRedpath
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jane,

Many thanks for your swift response.

I've updated to the latest version, but the problem persists - when someone comments on a document that I uploaded, I no longer receive notifications. I did until recently.

All of the documents in question have a green tick beside them, so it looks like things are syncing properly.

Cheers,

Matt

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming Matt (@MRedpath), I’d like to dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel. So as to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email including all the details you’ve sent me here. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Andrewlwood
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem - did not get comment notifications on a file a couple of weeks ago though I am up to date and the comments are there when I go to the file itself.

Jane
Dropboxer

Thanks for pinging me here @Andrewlwood; following your last post here, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Community profile, in order to look into the issue you’ve described us on this discussion. You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

mlawrencepf
New member | Level 2

Is there a solution to this issue or help guide? I am having the same issue of not getting notifications for files my team uploaded to the Shared folder.

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @mlawrencepf , please accept my apologies for the slight delay on my end. I ran a search on our system & I could see that you’ve chatted in to my colleague, where you’ve made some progress together, so it would be best to gather all relevant details under the same email chain for convenience’ sake. 

While I’ve now made sure to include a copy of your comments & I’ve increased your support priority internally, I remain at your entire disposal should you need more help in any way. Thanks! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    JWiles New member | Level 2
    Ste_3 New member | Level 2
    Gia I New member | Level 2
    geese780 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?