cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox folders not appearing in iOS files/Mail ever since latest iOS upgrade

Why are my Dropbox folders not showing in the iOS Files app on my iPhone?

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

iphone 6
latest ios 

in dropbox ios app (and on Mac Desktop), both my DB accounts show up.

In mail, go to "attach file" and no DB accounts show up in Locations.

In ios Files,  no DB accounts show up in Locations.

This happened last time there was a major ios upgrade, and we had to stand around while DB blamed Apple.

(Please join this with the same issue feedback I just sent, that DB just acknowlkedged with a link that I can't open using these credentials - add feedback to THIS Q&A please, not the other way around)

21 Replies 21

Mpm2019
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for the response Jane,

This happens on my iPad, where I use the Dropbox Mobile application. As you will see from the screen shot, I have several Science magazines, and I used to open and read them at my Dropbox. I also used access to all my other files (word, excel, etc.) from Dropbox app. I can still access to them without any problems using my iPhone 10. Yet, my iPad (a recent version, with the updated operating system) stopped opening up any of these files, even after I restarted it again and again several times.

Is there a solution?

Thank you.

MPM

MPM Problem pageMPM Problem page

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshot @Mpm2019

Have you tried reinstalling the Dropbox app on your iPad. If not, please try and let us know if it helps. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mpm2019
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

I deleted Dropbox app and reinstalled it. I deleted some of my Science files and uploaded the new ones again. 

Nothing seems to work. I send you two more recent snapshots. 

MPM

618A75F5-021D-4907-9B0C-E1DB10D50074.pngDFEEF87E-60E1-4972-A5DF-CF7F3B4C7330.png

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the updates. So sorry reinstall did not help. :unamused:

I got your back. Look for my email. I used the address associated with your Community profile. 

We will continue from there, so I can check some account related details and help you the best way possible. 

Let me know if you received my email. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Smac1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am experiencing a similar problem only on IPad Pro (IPhone XS works fine)... Dropbox is selected yet comes up with content unavailable ... unknown error.... frustrating have tried toggling off the Dropbox rebooting iPad still same.....  i can see all files in the Dropbox app but the apple file app cannot connect and therefore Mail will not see Dropbox files for attachments....

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

So sorry to hear that @Smac1. Thanks for joining the topic. 

Please let me know if you have already tried reinstalling the Dropbox app and take the steps again for Dropbox files to show in your files app

If the issue persists, please post screenshots of the errors you are receiving. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Thomashat9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have done this same step and am able to get it turned on in Files, but it still does not have that option to attach files from Dropbox.

Nguonchandy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello,

In file app on IOS why I can’t create folders or move folders? It work not good if comparing with OneDrive or BOX.

Chandy

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, thanks for joining the discussion!

Can you let me know if you're still having this issue @Thomashat9? If so, can you let me know exactly where you're running into an issue?

Can you see the files but not attach them, or are you not able to see Dropbox as an option?

It seems that you're trying to perform an action that isn't currently supported @Nguonchandy, you can check out which actions you can perform here.

To create folders, you would need to create folders within the Dropbox mobile app. Also, while you can move files from the Files app, it's not currently possible to move folders.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Fileslover
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox icon on files app not only disappeared all of a sudden, but could not find on editing.

Need more support?