Over the weekend I upgraded to the new Dropbox desktop App adding it to our work Dropbox account (Admins only) and when coming in this morning I have hundreds of folders and files that un-synced, and a ton of files with bad filenames. Observations: All the files with the incorrect file names, live on the web interface and not on desktops, pc or mac. All root folders appear to be synced, and all subfolders on my local machine appear to not be synced, I have not checked other machines to see if they are un-synced as well. I am not looking forward to that. Additionally, since I have my personal account linked, it appears that the upgrade directly affected that account, to the tune of 7500 errors, of both filename errors and sync errors. We made no major changes, edits between Friday and today. any suggestions on how to resolve this nightmare.
Nonetheless, in order to have a better look into the behavior you’re experiencing, I was able to locate your discussion that you had with a member of my team and have passed your comments along to them. When they have more info on the matter, they’ll get back to you via email as soon as possible.
I’ve also made the specialized member of the team who’s reviewing this aware of your comments here.
To ensure efficient troubleshooting, please don’t hesitate to get back to them via email with any additional info, since the more they have, the more efficient of an investigation they can carry out for you.
I have been trying to resolve an issue via email for the last few day. Is it normal protocol to reply to an email thread once in a 24hour window? I am getting super frustrated. A large portion of my files were renamed and illegal characters were inserted. Thousands of files. Across my personal and business account. I know we cannot discuss my personal account, I know sync is working, I know I have 10,000 files that magically have a colon, in the file name, that I did not, ever have in the file name. I have no clue where the colon came from. I can only assume that when the database was upgraded, during the upgrade i assume that the database re-wrote the file name, because it didn't recogonise a space or underscore, or something. I am getting really frustrated because it appears that whomever is working on my "thread" doesn't read the actual thread, because they keep asking me about sync, which isn't answering the question at hand. It also appears they are not allowed to reply within a 24 hour window. I have been a very positive advocate for Dropbox for years, and consistently I have some wierd problem and am not able to solve. The level of frustration, is very high. And the tech support process is the opposite of helpful. It's fueling the frustation.