cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I download multiple files at once in Dropbox?

Why can't I download multiple files at once in Dropbox?

frank l.13
New member | Level 2

Having the most obvious feature of downloading multiple files at once is not available in dropbox and if it is, it certainly is a hard task to figure the crap out.  And by the way your little help button on the lower left side is not so helpful at all.  

It's easier to upgrade to some "crappy missing part package" with one click of a button yet hard to get the value you pay for with something as simple as "downloading multiple files at once in dropbox".  It should be so easily available for the basic and/or pro level customers without question yet it is not.  What good is it to have multiple files in dropbox if you can only download one file at a time.  You can upload multiple files at once, so why can't you download them at once dropbox? It's 2016 not 1995.  The moment you select more the one photo to download the download button disappears.  However, if you select one photo downloading it is not a problem.

Dropbox really sucks in this area and no dropbox I will not upgrade to anything else until you add this needed feature which takes me so much time to do with one freakin photo at a time.  And I am sure I am not the only one who hates this very limited ability to download several files. 

Honestly, does this make any sense and what kind of company have you become?

You should be customer focus not dropbox focus.    

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

It should be so easily available for the basic and/or pro level customers without question yet it is not.

Select both files. Click Download.

The moment you select more the one photo to download the download button disappears.

How/where are you doing this? In both the Photos and Files views you can easily select multiple files without losing the option to download them.

frank l.13
New member | Level 2

frank l.13
New member | Level 2

Well, I stand to be corrected and my complete apologies to dropbox and thank you Rich.   But you could see from your screenshot that if one is not familiar where to download multiple files, there would be no way to know after selecting them that the three dotted button above allows you to download them.  To answer your question I did a search of a specific file that has more than one variation and after selecting them there was no option to download multiple items. Perhaps dropbox should add this option here as well.  Please refer to screenshot

At any rate, I am satisfied with the tool now and thank you once again.

Donna H.4
New member | Level 1

See, I had that problem and when I select them all to download, all I get is an html file. This function doesn't work for me. How did you get it to work Frank?

Rich
Super User II

when I select them all to download, all I get is an html file.

You're using your browser's download or save function, which only saves the web page you're on. You need to use the download options that Dropbox presents, as shown above.

frank l.13
New member | Level 2

Hey Donna

I actually did the steps of Rich screenshot and that was it.  So sorry for the delayed response.

frank l.13
New member | Level 2

Hi Rich I am not sure how that would relate to me after I showed you where I was but I am not using either of those.  It is all simply part of dropbox tabs and navigations.  Nothing at all to do with my browser or in save function mode.  

If you just did a search of files you could download and select more than one from the file page you would not be able to download multiple files.  Thank you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

frank l.13 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Donna H.4 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?