cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

Why can't I open Microsoft files on my mobile device?

sellenwright
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I updated my iPad Pro & now I can't open Dropbox files in Microsoft apps. I can see Dropbox, and I can open in other apps (Adobe, for instance), but Word, Excel, etc. tell me that the server is gone or the files are no longer on the server. But they are where they belong, and I can open them on other devices.

173 Replies 173

Hittheroadjk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Error began today...cannot open folder on server. The folder may have been moved, renamed, or deleted.” It was all good last night then this morning can’t get into any of my files and I did not do anything to cause this issue...is Dropbox server down? It is happening on all my devices.

RGoddard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue using an iPad Pro, I have deleted office 365 and Dropbox and reinstalled both but not change.

gc2002
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What version excel are you using?

Cardenal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same here! I usually work off of my Ipad... I’ve tried emailing dropbox but can’t seem to be able to. It has never happened before.  I’m so frustrated...

RGoddard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’m using office 365 and am having exactly the same issue on an iPad Pro, I have deleted the app and reloaded it along with rebooting the iPad and deleting and replacing Dropbox.

kg4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

In the help mail form, not able to complete because it won't choose the device from which this problem occurs...

I have the same message, Can't Open File, Sorry, ....xlxs is stored in an unsupported server location

I'm able to edit from a computer but this message appears from Ipad et Iphone

Mestisoboy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Ticket#8903985.
trying to work with an Excel file and it won't open saying " office cannot find file. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted.
This is with office on an Android Galaxy S8

kg4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ticket #8904060

Can't Open File, Sorry, ....xlxs is stored in an unsupported server location

I'm able to edit from a computer but this message appears from Ipad et Iphone

Cardenal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes...using office 365 too.. I”m pulling my hairs out trying to fix this. I haven’t been able to work all morning. Please let me know if you find a solution. I’m trying to fix it too.

simonsilva20
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Tengo el mismo problema no puedo abrir mis archivos de excel, dice que fueron cambiados de carpeta  que cambiaron de nombre o que no tengo coneccion de internet.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    archmix Explorer | Level 3
    david k.129 Helpful | Level 5
    sellenwright Helpful | Level 6
    RemyLeroy Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?