cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see the Badge?

Why can't I see the Badge?

Armando R.
New member | Level 1

I seem to comply with every requirement for seeing the Dropbox Badge, yet I don't see. Maybe it is that I'm looking in the wrong place. Where am I suppose to see the badge? How is it that it shows? Is it an ICON, some sort of Menu option?

10 Replies 10

Re: Badge

Rich
Super User II

Have you installed the Dropbox software on your computer?

Armando R.
New member | Level 1

I installed the original Dropbox; the once that created my Dropbox directory and updates it. Is there any other additional software I should install?

Sally M.1
New member | Level 1

I'm also having the same problem, my colleague see's it and I dont, we're both on the same version. I think it would be really handy!

R C.4
Explorer | Level 4

I'm running 3.2.7. I just uninstalled and reinstalled. I have "Always show badge" selected. I have all of the requirements listed in the help section. All of the other computers in the office show the badge. My laptop shows the badge. My computer does not.

Kim G.17
New member | Level 1

I have the same issue: I have a Pro account updated to version 3.6.8. My Preferences tab doesn't show that I can "show badge". On another account I have on separate computers, that option is available.

Scott H.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi.

Similar issue here. My PA and I both have seperate Dropbox Pro Accounts and are running the Dropbox desktop ver 3.8.6. I have the Dropbox badge, howver my PA doesn't see it and the option to turn it on or off isn't in her preferences tab. Any help appreciated.

Mike C.61
New member | Level 1

I meet all the requirements and have the badge turned on, yet not badge. Has any received help from dropbox? Does dropbox have a customer service number? 

Stefanie
Dropboxer

@Scott: If your PA isn't seeing the option to turn the badge on or off, then they may not be on a supported operating system (e.g. Windows XP). Please check here to find the system requirements:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/7676

@Mike: If you meet all the system requirements, yet, aren't seeing the badge, we'd be happy to investigate. You can reach us on https://www.dropbox.com/support. We do have a customer service number for Business customers only. In case you have a Business subscription, your admin can find our number on the Help tab in the Admin Console.

I hope this helps!

Raphael Q.
New member | Level 1

I have the same issue. I am using a business Dropbox and Office 2007. Some users see the badge and some don´t. I have checked all the requirements listed on Support page. It seems a common issue.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stefanie Dropboxer
    Raphael Q. New member | Level 1
    Mike C.61 New member | Level 1
    Scott H. Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?