cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why do I get an error 2 when I try to install the stable and beta version of the desktop app?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am trying to install on a Windows 7 PC. I have tried the online and offline installers. Both 70.4.93 and 77.3.127

I either get the dreaded error 2 or it just keeps saying installing and then an error after 15 min or so.

I have ran spyware cleaners, and tried re-running, but still no luck.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox install

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @Bob L.9

Could you also have a look whether you have any third party apps that could be hindering the install of the desktop app, like a security program or an antivirus?

Additionally, could you please ensure that you have configured your firewall to work with Dropbox?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Bob L.9

Could you try running an advanced reinstall with the latest stable version of the desktop app (79.4.143) and let me know if that does the trick? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

No luck. There were no folders in the % % as mentioned, and the installer ran for approx 15 min and then says "The Installer did not complete. Installation has been aborted"

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @Bob L.9

Could you also have a look whether you have any third party apps that could be hindering the install of the desktop app, like a security program or an antivirus?

Additionally, could you please ensure that you have configured your firewall to work with Dropbox?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?